LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI 2013 distrubution files bloated with MDF components

I just created a distribution for an existing project in CVI 2013.  The previous build was done with 2012.  The program is a simple file utility.  It does not use any NI drivers or hardware.  I had intintionally removed a number of installation components in the distribution options to minimize the size of the distribution files.  The size of all the files in the 2012 build is about 23MB.  When I first built the project with 2013, the size was almost 140MB!  I edited the distribution options and found that several components were added that I didn't need (and which were not in the 2012 version of the project file).  After deselecting the unneeded components, the total size of the distribution files is 53MB, which is still much larger than the 2012 distributrion files.  I began going through the files in the 2013 distribution and found an entire folder full of files that start with "MDF".  These files account for over 15MB of the 53MB. 

Based on a quick Google search, I assume these file support the Measure Data Format which is used in the automotive indsutry (see http://www.ni.com/example/25452/en/).  I'm not using any CAN or other communication drivers in my project, so I don't know why these files are being included.  And I can't find any way to remove them in the distribution options.

Do I need these files?  If not, how can I get rid of them?  Even after eliminating these files, my 2013 distribution is still almost twice the size of the 2012 distribution.  Is there anything else I can eliminate?

Tony G.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,312 Views)

Hello Tony!

The behaviour you are seing has been already discussed in a previous forum post at this location:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/size-of-2010SP1-RTE/m-p/2561161#M63677

Also note, that the MDF acronym doesn't correspond to your proposed indication. MDF is a framework which describes deployment.

Regards,

- Johannes

Message 2 of 2
(4,288 Views)