LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI 2009 uir resaved as 2010 format without informing user

I have CVI 2010 installed on my computer and I was editing one of my projefts that was created in CVI 2009.  After i built it the project and everything, I tried opening it on another computer that has 2009 and my uir file automatically got resaved as a 2010 file without every prompting me it was doing this (Instead of saving, it saved it as a different type).

Opening this caused my program to crash.

I saw the warning message popup, but strange that it caused my program to crash.  It was mainly irritating that it resaved the document without prompting me of the change.  So I had to go back and explicitly resave it as a CVI 2009 uir file and save the project.  As of now, rebuilding the project has not changed it back to a 2010 format like it did the first time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,852 Views)

This is the intended behavior. By default, .uir files are always saved in the latest version format. However, if you ever override this behavior by saving it in an earlier version, then it remembers that you made an explicit decision to pick a particular version, and all future versions of CVI will continue saving that .uir in the same, earlier version, unless you explicitly change it.

Keep in mind that when you save .uir files in an earlier version, some of the features that you have in your UI might not be persisted. This is why the default behavior is to always save in the latest format. Otherwise, you could end up in a situation where you open your old .uir files in a new version of CVI, then absentmindedly add a bunch of new features to the UI, then save the .uir again, and you would then lose some of the changes you had made if CVI didn't save it in the latest format.

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,845 Views)

Makes sense.  Just wasn't aware that it did this, especially since I didn't add anything that is compatible in 2010 and not in 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,838 Views)