LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'CRT not initialized' error after installing MS Office 2010

Hi,

I encountered 'CRT not initialized error' after installing MS Office 2010. I think that with previous version of CVI there were no problems. But, with Labwindows/CVI 2012 error has outbroken. The details are as follows.

- Labwindows/CVI (v12.0.0 (422))

- MS Office 2010 (word, powerpoint, excel)

#1. clean install windows 7 (32 bit)

#2. install Labwindows/CVI v12.0.0 and device drivers (DAQ, Motion)

#3. compile and run attached test program : SUCCESS

#4. online update windows 7 (service pack, explorer 9, and etc)

#5. compile and run attached test program : SUCCESS

#6. install MS Office 2010

#7. compile and run attached test program : 'CRT error'

#8. uninstall MS Office 2010

#9. compile and run attached test program : SUCCESS

I think there are some conflicts between office 2010 and labwindows v12.0.0. How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,238 Views)

More specifically, I decided that some parts of MS Office files and features of NI's motion library conflicts. Because in the attacted sample program, if I exclude NI-Motion functions then the program excutes nicely. But if I include NI-Motion fucntion, for example flex_select_signal, then the 'CRT not initialized' error occurs.

To solve this problem I tried step by step installation check for MS Office 2010. During each step I included more optional features in MS Office and after each installation I compiled and executed my sample program. At finally, I found that the addtional part of MS Office 2010, if I install Office Sharing Function>Microsoft IME(Korean), then the 'CRT not initialized' error occurs.

Temporarly, I solved the problem with NOT installing 'Office Sharing Function>Microsoft IME(Korean)' optional feature in the MS Office 2010.

Could you tell me why this problem occur?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,233 Views)

Does repairing the installation of NI-Motion after installing MS Office resolve the issue?

What version of NI-Motion do you have installed on your system? I would like to try to reproduce this.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,209 Views)

NI motion : v8.4

And the re-installation of NI-motion cannot resolve the problem.

I found that the only solution is the uninstallation of 'Office Sharing Function>Microsoft IME(Korean)' in MS Office 2010 optional feature.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,202 Views)