cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Frame to Channel Conversion Library

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to use this DLL with CVI? If so, is there any example code or a user document?

Cheers,

John

John C
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,963 Views)

Hi JGC

Unfortunately this Library is only meant to be used from LV and LVRT, an equivalent Library does not exist in CVI.

With that said, you may be able to dig into the LabVIEW VI's of the Frame Channel Conversion Library and pull the function prototypes from the Call Library Function Node on the block diagram of each one. With this information, you could call the functions from the dll (usually located here: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-CAN\CAN Frame Channel Conversion Library 1.0.2\Drivers) from within C.

Kind Regards

Chris

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,943 Views)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

Digging into the VI's assumes I have LV which I don't, so that solution won't work for me.

It is possible to use the NI-CAN channel functions such as nctGetProperty() to parse the channel information and then use that data with the NI-CAN frame functions to do somethig similar to the library. Since I don't need all of the capability in the library it shouldn't be too time consuming.

John C
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,938 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JGC

No, that's not going to work, but I've just discovered the virtual channels 256 & 257Smiley Happy

John C
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,929 Views)