LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burst Handshaking mode with two PCI 6534's

Hi I would like to implement burst handshaking mode with two PCI 6534's. I want to output a finite amount of data and input continuosuly on the other card. I want the card that outputs data to export its clock using DAQmxCfgBurstHandhsakingTimingExportClock. I want to export the clock on PCLK1, however I have read that PCLK1 is defined as an input when using burst handshaking and the card is outputting data (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/862567530005F09C862566F6007E9FE7). But I cannot find how to configure PCLK1 as an output. 

Also is there a way to output continously in burst mode writing different samples each time? The example provided "ContWriteDigChanBurst" simply uses an interal software timer to continously write the same data each time. Is there an interrupt or callback whenever a clock pulse occurs?

I have tried to implemnt this application using regular pattern IO and simply using the DAQmxDigitalReadU32 and DAQmxDigitalWriteU32 functions and using the DAQmxRegisterEveryNSamplesEvent CB. However I corrupted data on the recieve side after a few samples. (I am reading from a file and outputting on one PCI, and inputting data and writing to a file on the other PCI). I thought it would be simpler if there was a interrupt or callback whenver a clock pulse occurs to write/read new data rather than use the DAQmxRegisterEveryNSamplesEvent CB. Is there such an interrupt or CB?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,206 Views)