LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffered and non bufferd Analog output at the same time

Hello,
I need to control two waveforms in order to raster-scan the position of a sample in x and y directions. While the X axis has to increase-decrease in a "voltage staircase" with steps of 1 ms duration. The Y axis voltage has to increase in a voltage staircase, every time the x-waveform has completed a trace-retrace sequence. I have a PCI-6713. Is it possible to have the Y waveform generated with an analog output controled by AO_VWrite(), and the fast varying x waveform controled by buffered output?.
I need to interact with the program at the end of each trace-retrace sequence in order to retrieve the data colected with another board for the different points of the line scan.
Any suggestion will be appreci
ated.
Thanks!
JHH
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,605 Views)
JHH,

This question is related to your previous posting, I paste the link just for reference:

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/Redirect?id=9116054

Regarding your question:

1) Is it possible to have the Y waveform generated with an analog output controlled by AO_VWrite(), and the fast varying x waveform controlled by buffered output?

Yes, based on your application description it seems totally possible. You can update the Y-axis voltage (single AO update) every time you run your trace-retrace on the x-axis with a (single) buffered AO operation. The Single Buffered AO examples that ship with DAQ will help with that part of the code. The single update you can just do as you did before with the 6703 board.

I hope this helps,

Alejandro Asenjo
National I
nstruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,605 Views)