From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen Measurement & automation explorer

Hello everyone,

I've just installed the measurement and automation explorer (version 4.7.0f4) to run a second software: power measurement device, on a new Toshiba laptop, it has Windows 7, but sometimes a blue screen appears when I'm acquiring data. I've been told it might be a problem with software incompatibility. I am going to buy a new laptop just for this purpose, what characteristics must it have so I no longer see this blue screen?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,409 Views)

I never had problems like yours with MAX with very different machines, even quite old and with limited resources, so I'm not able even to think of a specific technical data to look at while selecting a PC.

Is there a reason for you to install that specific version of MAX, which is not the more recent one? Could you try to download and install the last one?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,400 Views)

Kareng, can I ask where you found the version 4.7.0f4 driver?  I am needing it to do some testing and haven't been able to find it.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,106 Views)

Hi Kareng;

You can find the general requirements to work with MAX and LabVIEW

Requirements for LabVIEW Development Systems and Modules

http://www.ni.com/labview/requirements/esa/

Usually Dells computer (from my personal experience) work really well with NI software, just make sure you have a supported OS (win 7, Win 8.1) and not the home version. 

The LV version you should install (no matter if using 32 or 64 bits) should be LabVIVEW 32 bits, just because it supports more modules.

Also; the amount of RAM memory allocated for LV is usually limited to 2 G in 32 bit and 4 G in 64 bit systems

How Much Memory can LabVIEW 32-bit or 64-bit Use?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC9AD7E5FD3769C086256B41007685FA

Hope this info helps

Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,092 Views)

@aconnors27

Kareng has not updated this discussion any more from the first post in april 2013; even more, he/she hasn't posted any more in the forums: you're not likely to get any response from him/her!

Is there a particular reason for you to look for a so old version of MAX?

@MarisolM

We all know the NI is "the LabVIEW company" Smiley Wink but there is no evidence that the user is using LabVIEW since he's posting in the LabWindows/CVI board! Smiley Surprised Smiley Wink

Do the informations you reported apply to CVI as vell as LV or there are similar documents specifically focused on CVI? If so I'd be interested to take a look at them: can you post the links?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,069 Views)

Roberto;

The requirements for CVI are quite simmilar to the ones from LabVIEW, varying only in disk space requiremments.

You can check them out in the readme file of your CVI versión, you can find the one for CVI 2013 Sp1 here

Have a good day!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,060 Views)

@RobertoBozzolo

Thanks for the reply.  We need the old version because our test fixtures are controlled and we can't upgrade from the approved version without major testing and validation.  Any ideas?  Should I email NI directly?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,054 Views)
Your version of MAX is hardly relevant. It is the driver (i.e. DAQmx) that you would need. You should really know what version of the different drivers your software was validated with.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,046 Views)