LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big problems with distribution kit CVI6.0

Hello,
i can successfully make the distribution files with cvi 6.0 on Windows 2000, but when i start setup.exe i become the following error Window: "Fehler bei der Anwendung von Transformen. Stellen Sie sicher das die angegebenen Transformpfade gültig sind." and the installation process was then aborted.
Could anyone help me please?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,804 Views)
I apologize for my lack of German. I tried several web translators for the words Transformen and Transformpfade with no success. I did have problems with the CVI6.0 distribution kit. The new version of CVI installer uses a "signature" based on the project name when an executable is installed. If you create an executable with changes to it that contains the same project name as an older executable, and then try to install it, you will be forced to uninstall the previous executable that was made with the same project name. Solution: if you want two versions of the same executable on a computer, use different project names for them. Otherwise, simply uninstall when prompted and then install the newer executable.

I hope this helps.

Guttentag,

Judy Harrigan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,804 Views)
Greeting,

While what the above poster said is true, I don't that this is the problem that you are having. This problem is likely a known issue with CVI 6.0 on certain German operating system configurations.

The German distribution kit will run properly on a German operating system if the locale is set to German-German. But if you run on a different sub-local (such as German-Switzerland or German-Austria), you will get this "transform error" at install time.

You have several options to workaround this issue:

- upgrade to CVI 7.0, as this was fixed in this release

- set the locale of the system to German-German before you install, then set it back when you're done

- rename the file named templateDE.msi in your the CVI\redist folder, and copy in
the one attached to this post (the only difference in this file is that the ProductLanguage property and Languages summary info has been changed from sub-local specific to generic German). Then rebuild you distribution kit with the new template file in place, and it should work properly.

Regards,
- WesW / NI
Message 3 of 4
(2,804 Views)
Hello,
thanks for your answer about my posting. Yes, the problem is the operating system when i select germany in the disribution kit. The problem is fixed when i set the locale of the system to german-german before i install.

thanks and

kind regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,804 Views)