From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Beginner Question] Viewing the User Interface while suspended

While single stepping with the debugger, how do I view the user interface, so I can check that the change I expect has actually occured? I have searched help and the NI website, and found nothing. Surely there is some simple way, a hot key combination or something, to switch from the CVI editor envionment to the user interface panel that was being displayed just before the breakpoint?

I know about the "Refresh User Interface" command, but that does not let me see the thing!

I would be most greatful if someone could just point to the correct place in the documentation where I should be looking.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,737 Views)

When you say "view" the UI, do you mean literally see it on your monitor? CVI seems to always put the UI panel behind the IDE window, so I just temporarily move the IDE out of the way to look at the UI.

I too wish there were a hot key to move to the UI, but I'm not aware of one.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,731 Views)

You can easily hide the IDE using a checkmark in the Options/Environment settings: Hide windows when application is running

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,726 Views)