cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCorrelate not found in DLL

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I keep getting the following runtime error when I try to use the AutoCorrelate Function in Labwindws 2012.

Function AutoCorrelate: (return value == -5094 [0xffffec1a]). The function was not found in the analysis library DLL.

I have included advanlys.h at the top of my function and added the Advanced Analysis LFP to my CVI Customized Libraries.  I am tring to use example code I copied and pasted from the Online Help documentation.   I can't seem to locate the corresponding advanlys.dll that the advanlys.h wants to reference.

Example code below:

#include "advanlys.h"

double x[256], rxx[512];

int n; n = 256;

Uniform (n, 17, x);

AutoCorrelate (x, n, ALGORITHM_CORCOR_NO_NORMALIZATION, rxx);

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,445 Views)

Which version of CVI are you using? As far as I can remember Advanced Analysis library is not shipped with base version but only in full one.

Additionally, you shouldn't have to manually add the library .LFP to customized libraries list: there should be a checkbox in the upper part of Customise Library Menu window to add/remove Analysis library from your IDE.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,440 Views)

Hi,

I have CVI 2012 Full Developement System. 

Analysis Library was automatically checked off in CVI but if I query the definition of AutoCorrelate (Ctrl-I) in the CVI editor, it brings up advanlys.h not analysis.h.   I assumed I needed to add advanlys.lfp to CVI manually.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,436 Views)

No need to add advanlys... analysis.h does just this:

#if !defined(_CVI_) || defined(_CVI_FDS_)
   #include <advanlys.h>
#else
   #include <reganlys.h>
#endif

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,433 Views)

Wolfgang,

That makes sense.   I removed all references to advanlys but it's still complaining that it can't find AutoCorrelate in the analysis library DLL.  I have CVI 8.5.1 FDS on the same machine and I know that AutoCorrelate wasn't part of the Advanced Analysis Library at that time.  Could it be that CVI 2012 is somehow looking at the 8.5.1 DLL?   Is there a way to override this in CVI?   (To force which DLL it uses)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,430 Views)

You can check your include path e.g. by opening your *.cws file in a text editor (WordPad...); in my case it says:

CVI Dir = "/c/program files (x86)/national instruments/cvi2012"

Message 6 of 7
(3,426 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mulhall

Same here but I notice that my share folder is the same as my older CWS files developed with CVI 8.5.1. 

CVI Shared Dir = "/C/Program Files (x86)/National Instruments/Shared/CVI"

I looked more closely in that folder structure and found that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\Analysis

contained the nianlys.dll from CVI 8.5.1.    My new installation of 2012 did not overwrite this with a later copy. 

This may be the first of many such instances where old versions conflict with new.    I may regret trying to keep the old version of CVI on this machine to support previous installations.

Thank you for leading me down the correct path!

Best regards,

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,422 Views)