LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any other ways of communication with joystick except instrument driver ?

there is only one device driver available joystick.fp are there any other ways of communicating with joystick except instrument driver available. i want to access all the functionality of my Extreme 3D Pro Joystick for Windows & Mac - Logitech , i have seen not much support for joystick interface on this fourm which is the only fourm for cvi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,847 Views)

Hello smartprogrammer,

I already pointed you in the past to this post from wally_666 and the following one which seem to describe an alternative way to interact with joysticks, but I never had a feedback. Have you read them and tried to go that way? Basically it seems that you can simply poll periodically joystick status and get the informations you need. Having looked at the source code, I seem to understand that the instrument driver adds the functionality to get infos in interrupt by a callback.

I'd be glad to help you more tangibly if I had the hardware, unfortunately I nave no joystisk here to test with...

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,843 Views)

my dear friend you are great and most active member of this fourm and i respect you for that , actually i have read complete thread which you already pointed almost 5 to 6 times but still of no use , i want to send you my joystick so that you can help me but unfortunately the transportation cost will be more then the joystick itsrlf anyways i sent personal message to the person  wally_666 but still no reply , i wish every person on this fourm become as helpful as you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,834 Views)