LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any examples for using a CAN card via XNET on a real time system?

I am programming a real time application and I have a PXI 8512 card.  My first order of business is to get 5-byte messages from transducers that are broadcasting at 10 Hz on known message IDs.  There are no CAN/XNET samples in my "realtime" CVI sample folder.  I have found some in the nixnet folder but they are Windows based so I have to hack a lot of stuff out of them.

Thank you.

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,611 Views)
Micahel,

Unfortunately, there aren't any real-time specific XNET examples. The only examples are the ones provided with NI XNET.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,580 Views)

What example do I need if I need to be able to grab CAN messages that are between 5 and 8 bytes so that I can manually process the data?

I have to hack out the panel stuff and try to get to the bare bones commands...

All messages will be extended addresses.

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,559 Views)

In other words, I just need to do something very similar to this with no user interface:

NOTE: See attachment

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,537 Views)

Michael,

If you are looking to create your own bus monitor of sorts the best place to start would probably be the example "CAN Frame Stream In.prj".  

I know in LabVIEW, the major differences between an XNET application for Windows versus RT will be how you handle your inputs and ouptuts.  The XNET part of your code shoule be pretty similar.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,491 Views)