From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino as Ethernet Server - Simple ModBus

Group,

I have an Arduino with the Ethernet shield communicating with LWCVI via the standard TCP/IP library.  I will eventually create a small ModBus (TCP) implementation with this system to retrieve analog data and send commands to the Arduino.  If you are interested in this technology, drop me a reply and I will post code/examples/etc.  Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks, David Eaton

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,262 Views)

i am interested. I am trying ot figure out how to do this now.  using a Arduino as my data aquisition device and able to connect to it and see the data in my labview promgram on a pc over ethernet.

any info is appreciated.

chuck

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,460 Views)

Could you show me a working example. Which libraries to use on Arduino side, etc. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,336 Views)

Hello Layosh, the OP did not connect on the forums since 2015: I don't suppose you can get any reply from him.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,331 Views)

I did not pay attention to that, in fact I was absent for a while, programming was not the priority of my tasks. But it is changing again, 🙂

I was playing with networking a bit, but microcontrollers, instrumentation and secure logging  are the new target. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,321 Views)