LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Error when terminating LW/CVI executable

Hi,
I have written a LW/CVI(v5.0) program which controls various Agilent instruments via a GPIB interface using both IVI and traditional drivers. The program runs fine in the development environment. When running the standalone executable under Windows 2000 however an Application Error 'The instruction at "0x77fcb1ad" referenced memory at "0x00c90010". The memory could not be "read".' is generated when the program terminates. The executable runs correctly otherwise.
Any ideas?
Best regards,

Ian Weller
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,863 Views)
We had the same problem while using an OCX compoent in a panel.

We solved it by discarding the panel before closing the application.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,863 Views)
Thanks for your comment, but I'm afraid that doesn't work for me!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,863 Views)
Hello

I cant really tell much just by looking at the error. You might need to try taking peices out of the project and find out which part of the code causes the problem. Plus , it would be better if you could reproduce the problem in debug mode, so CVI will be able to detect where the problem's occuring. I might be able to help you better once the error is pinpointed to a certain part of CVI or GPIB

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,863 Views)
Hi,
The problem seems to be with the processes which actually terminate my code (i.e. the error is generated after main() in my program has finished). Debugging in the development environment does not generate any errors or warnings.
It does seem to be vaguely related to program size however: I can cure it by removing large chunks of code, but it refuses to be pinned down to any specific subroutine or instrument driver.
I did wonder if it might be as a consequence of running Windows 2000 and Windows 98 on the same machine?
Cheers,

Ian.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,863 Views)
Update:

I have cured this problem by upgrading to Measurement Studio.

Ian
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,863 Views)