while debugging in CVI 7.0. It has started annoying to the point that I
may be moving back to CVI6.0 if I could convert my CVI7.0 UIR files back
to CVI6.0.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,459 Views)
Hi Vishi,

I too have had this problem.

It occured for me when I have multiple 'child' projects in a 'main' workspace. When one of the 'child' projects is changed and is built as a result of performing a re-build of all projects using "Batch Build".

When the 'main' project is run, the displayed code and the debug for the changed 'child' project appear get out of sync.

The way I worked around this was to create seperate workspaces for each of the 'child' projects. If any of the 'child' projects are changed then I do a quick swop - using 'File' and then selecting the changed projects workspace.

The 'child' project can then be built here in its own workspace. Switching back to the 'main' workspace, rebuilding just the 'main' project, then debugging has stoppe
d this error from appearing.

This is not a good solution - you have to remember you have changed a child project and ensured you have rebuilt it. This can be a test of your memory if you are working with several levels of projects. It did work for me though so it is worth trying.

PS. Not sure if you can perform a complete build of the project after building the individual 'child' project - would make it that bit better - like rebuilding whole projects before testing.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,459 Views)