LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: LabWindows™/CVI™ 2015 SP1 f1 Patches

Critical updates for the LabWindows™/CVI™ 2015 SP1 Development Environment and the LabWindows/CVI 2015 SP1 Run-Time Engine have been released. Note: These are two separate patches.

• The LabWindows/CVI Runtime 2015 SP1 f1 Patch is strongly recommended for all users of LabWindows/CVI 2015 and 2015 SP1.
  • The LabWindows/CVI 2015 SP1 f1 Patch is recommended for users of LabWindows/CVI 2015 SP1 who distribute applications for Windows XP.

You may obtain the update using NI Update Service or by using the associated download page on ni.com/downloads. You may find the list of issues fixed by the update in the LabWindows™/CVI™ 2015 SP1 Patch Details.

Thanks,

Trent Weaver

National Instruments

Automated Test Software PSE

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
Message 1 of 16
(4,881 Views)

Hi Trent

Can you clarify the following note:

The LabWindows/CVI 2015 SP1 f1 Patch is recommended for users of LabWindows/CVI 2015 SP1 who distribute applications for Windows XP.

How I can generate an XP installer? I don't see XP in the "Minimum operating system version" list in Advanced tab of "Edit Installer" dialog. May be using this trick?

Carlo A.
Megaris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,848 Views)

Carlo,

Yes - the KB you pointed out is accurate for CVI distributions built after installing this patch. Since XP isn't officially supported in 2015 SP1, you cannot select it as a minimum OS version for distributions.

-Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,847 Views)

Trent, is there a way to programmatically understand if the RTE has been patched or not? GetCVIVersion still returns 1501 and GetCVIVersionYear simply state 2015...

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,825 Views)

Smiley Happy This has been suggested some time ago and the idea is even under review - so maybe in the future we will be able to find out easily (not having to use registry ...)

Message 5 of 16
(4,825 Views)

Wolfgang, no need to use registry, only a function from Version.Lib.

beware: this is quick & dirty code, just tested only on my PC. It prints version info in the passed string.

int GetCVIRTEVersion(char *s)
{
char sFile[MAX_PATHNAME_LEN+1]; 
unsigned int iBufferSize,iDummy;
char *pBuffer;
VS_FIXEDFILEINFO* fixedVerInfoPtr;
int iVer[4];
unsigned int len;
// CVIRTE is obviously already loaded...
   GetModuleFileName(GetModuleHandle("CVIRTE"), sFile, MAX_PATHNAME_LEN + 1);

// get size of version info (0 if no version info exists)
    iBufferSize = (unsigned int)GetFileVersionInfoSize(sFile, (LPDWORD)&iDummy);

if (iBufferSize > 0) {
        pBuffer = malloc(iBufferSize);
// get fixed file info (language independent)

GetFileVersionInfo(sFile, 0, (unsigned long)iBufferSize, pBuffer);

VerQueryValue (pBuffer, TEXT("\\"), (LPVOID*)&fixedVerInfoPtr, &len);
        // read version blocks
        iVer[0] = HiWord(fixedVerInfoPtr->dwFileVersionMS);
        iVer[1] = LoWord(fixedVerInfoPtr->dwFileVersionMS);
        iVer[2] = HiWord(fixedVerInfoPtr->dwFileVersionLS);
        iVer[3] = LoWord(fixedVerInfoPtr->dwFileVersionLS);

sprintf(s,"%d.%d.%d.%d",iVer[0],iVer[1],iVer[2],iVer[3]);

free(pBuffer);
    }
    return 0;
}   
Carlo A.
Megaris

Message 6 of 16
(4,820 Views)

Hi,

I tried to install this patch on a PC with W7 Pro 64 bits but got an error that the patch is not compatible with my OS.

Is this normal? I couldn't find any explanation for which OS this pacht is compatible.

Bertrand

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,474 Views)

Both the LabWindows™/CVI™ 2015 SP1 f1 Patch and the LabWindows™/CVI™ Runtime 2015 SP1 f1 Patch should be compatible with Windows 7 based on the Operating Systems listed on the download pages linked. What is the error that you're getting exactly?

Mathew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,454 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,443 Views)

I saw a similar error, in the past, when attempting to install a program in a XP machine that was not updated to the latest patches.
Is your Windows 7 fully updated, to SP1 mainly and with the following patches?

Carlo A.
Megaris

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,440 Views)