LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An internal tool or library returned an error

Installer build error code-21 LabWindowsCVI 12.0.1

[ 신규 ]
While attempting to build an installer I get an error code -21. What is the error and how do I correct it?

//=====================
// ERROR Message
//=====================

Adding files to installer

*** Error: An internal tool or library returned an error. (Error code -21)

*** Error Details:

Error in MDF API function: _MDFBuildDevPart_Close

Error in MDF::BuildDeveloperPart::Close.

nmdkAddFile returned error code 26043

*** End Error Report

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,860 Views)

This error is generated when the distribution builder fails to add a file to the distribution. Typically, error -21 will report which file is causing the error. Since it is not reporting the problematic file, you will have to discover it on your own. Start with the suggestion in this KnowledgeBase article to see if any files show up in red in the Files view. If not, then try removing files one at a time until the distribution builds. If you can locate the problematic file, make sure that it exists at the path specified.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,839 Views)

First, thank you for answer.
The problem does not occur on any other PC. OK, so I tried, but the problem is pointed out, the problem was not found.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,833 Views)

Could you send me a screenshot of the Files tab in the Edit Installer dialog? Also, do you get this error when building any distribution? Does the error occurr when building an example? How about for an empty template project?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,785 Views)

This site is not attached to the image. We will send you an e-mail address and tell.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,767 Views)

Hi,  I am encountering this exact error with CVI 2012 as well.  I get the error when building a kit for one of the examples as well.  Was there any solution found?  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,545 Views)