From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing CVI 10.0 sp1 evaluation version all of the help files are missing.

I had my PC upgraded yesterday and the IT folks temporaly installed the CVI 10. Eval kit.  Since then all the help file / features of CVI have gone away.  How can i restore them.  Yes i removed everything for the system and reinstalle it. Still no luck.  Any ideas welcome?  How can i FOOL the system in to letting me see the help files.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,473 Views)

Hi oldvaxguy,

Are you able to see if the cvi.chm help file has been installed? The file is located in the following location by default <Program Files>\National Instruments\CVI2010\bin\cvi.chm

On a Windows machine you should be able to double click the cvi.chm file to have it display in the Windows Help Viewer to verify that the file is correct.

In addition, do you get an error message or any other message when trying to access the help by going to Help » Contents inside the CVI 2010 application?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,465 Views)

The CVI.chm file is missing and it's the only issue so far.   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,457 Views)

Hi oldvaxguy,

Can you confirm that the Help support for CVI was not accidently disabled in the installer set-up? This can be checked by opening Measurement and Automation Explorer, right-clicking on the Software tab and selecting Change/Remove Software. In the National Instruments Software window scroll down to and select NI LabWindows/CVI, then press Modify. Expand the NI LabWindows/CVI Distribution section and verify that Help Files is configured to install locally.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,437 Views)