From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust driver to work on c#

Hello everyone,

I want to create some programme on c# that will help me to control Keithley Power Supply.

I have downloaded and installed the LabWindows/CVI 8.5 driver for Keithley 2306-VS Power Supply since I don't find nothing else except this one and one for LabVIEW. 

Is there any way to adjust this driver to work on c#? I have Visual Studio 2010.

It's my first time trying to do this, I will appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,646 Views)

If there are no C# drivers, you either have to write a driver yourself using low level scpi stuff or call the C-DLL using platform invoke.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,578 Views)

Hi Tatiana05,

As kkeller mentioned, if there are no C# drivers available, you may have to create your own. Otherwise, there is a chance you could use a wrapper for existing drivers and use them with C#. I have attached an article with some additional information on this below. 

Using IVI Specific Drivers in Visual Basic .NET, Visual C# or Visual Basic 6 Applications: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4562/en/ 

Thanks,

ShaneK

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,562 Views)

Thank you for help! Will use this information!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,545 Views)

Thank you foe your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,544 Views)