LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX compatibility mode

I am trying to use an exe ActiveX (VB6) with the CVI controller Wizard.
When i receive the second version of the ActiveX some functions doesn't work.
For example we have this functions:
Function1 return constant 1
Function2 return constant 2
etc..
When i call this functions from CVI function1 return 2, function2 return 3... plus other bug.
When i discard the compatibility mode in VB6 all this functions works (but i don't have the right to do so since this ActiveX is not mine).
I decided to change compatibility mode in ActiveX controller Wizard, selecting "per object". The funcions works fine, but others functions doesn't work anymore (i received a "incorrect parameter" error, but this function works with "per property")!
I think its a bug
in my program because it works with a VB client.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,651 Views)
Hello

So this only started happening when you tried using the newer activex client in CVI? If this is the case, you should try rebuilding the entire instrument file (if you havent already), just to make sure all the functions sync up with the new server object's methods and properties. If you are still having problems with it, I suggestion email a small example that would demonstrate the problem and the server itself by going to this link, and generating a email request. Please add my name to the subject line, and I'll see if I can help you out with this

Thanks

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,651 Views)