From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX ClassID

Hi

we are using CVI 2012 and we want to register a Microsoft Internet Webbrowser by activeX. We want to use the following Cmd

int NewActiveXCtrl (int Panel_Handle, char Control_Label[], int Control_Top, int Control_Left, const GUID *Class_ID, const IID *Interface_ID, char License[], HRESULT *ActiveX_Error);

but we do not know what the GUID and ClassID is.

How can we create an ActiveX Microsoft Internet Webbrowser in a Panel?

Can anybody help us?

thanks in advance

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,890 Views)

Hello Oliver!

One easy solution for you is to look into the <CVI samples>\userint\activex\WebBrowser.prj application source code. You could build your application on top of this sample.

Also, if you open the source code for the inet.fp instrument, which implements the Web Browser API used in this sample (<CVI samples>\userint\activex\inet.c) you'll notice that function INET_NewWebBrowserIWebBrowser2 should perform the exact task you need. It passes a Microsoft Internet Explorer Web Browser GUID to NewActiveXCtrl function:

GUID clsid = { ... };

Best regards!

- Johannes

Message 2 of 4
(4,882 Views)

Hello Johannes,

GREAT, I got it.

I had read the samples before but I didn't come to the idea to have a direct look into the inet.c. There I could get the information, thanks a lot for this.

My applikation is running now, but when I call a website with a script running I get an error message like attached. On website without scripts it is running without problems.

Do you have an idea what this could be?

best regards

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,875 Views)

i have this error in webbrowser as well and it effecting my automated web remote system and sometime it's happend randomly.

has you found the solution to eliminate this? can you share with me please.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,977 Views)