From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access MULTIPLE TestStand .seq files fileglobals in CVI

Hello,

I have a CVI UI that reads in TS fileglobals using TSpropertygetval. I can read in succesfully the values of the fileglobals WITHIN THE .SEQ FILE THAT CALLS THE CVI UI .DLL. What I need to be able to do is read a fileglobal from a sequence file before the file that calls the DLL. The issue here is that the ideal solution is to not change our teststand sequence so I can't simply pass the global along through TS. This sequence file will be run and so the fileglobals will be created and populated at one point. The issue is I don't know how to access them. I have tried simply using tspropertygetval and it's feeding me garbage. This could be because I'm doing something else wrong but I think it's likely because you cannot use this method to get globals outside of the scope of the file that calls the DLL. Can someone tell me how I CAN read globals outside of the DLL calling .seq file?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,576 Views)