LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANSI C and IVI types

I have a application that uses ANSI c  types. Need to add instrument communication to the application. The instrument API uses IVI types. What is advisable to handle adding IVI types in a project that uses ANSI C types?

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,851 Views)

Hi lvrat,

Have you seen the LabWindows™/CVI™ help document for IVI drivers?  At the bottom, it mentions the NI IVI Compliance Package , which can be downloaded from a link on the previous page.  The LabWindows/CVI help states, "The NI IVI Compliance Package contains IVI-class drivers and support libraries necessary for the development and use of applications that use IVI instrument interchangeability."  Please let me know if that points you in the right direction.

Warm Regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,832 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,829 Views)

Thanks, I am aware of how to develop using IVI compliance package. My question was related to using two different library in the same project. The project developed using ANSI C and has UIR file now needs calls to instrument driver. So ivi.h will be required. Can two different types (IVI and ANSI C) be used in one project? 

thanks!

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,821 Views)

Hi lvrat,

When you create a simple .c file wth both headers, do you run into any conflicts? If these two libraries have type conflicts this should reveal them.  Please let me know if you run into any errors with this.

Thanks,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,797 Views)