From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADO control with DBGrid control in CVI

"Ado with datagrid"

"Hello,
I'm using Labwindows/cvi 6.0 and I've a problem when I try to atach datagrid to Ado data control (both activeX) in UI panel editor. Is not possible to attach DataSource field from Datagrid to Ado, I can't access DataSource field. Why? Is not possible to use it at design time?
I've tried to use programmatically but I have no idea how to use the function SetByReDataSource (from DataGrid), the third parameter is the control Ado. How can I pass it from the Ado ActiveX handle?

ps:I Don't have SQLToolkit.

- jecki
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,608 Views)
Hi,

My knowledge on database programming is limmited, however it is possible that the "control ADO" parameter that you need to pass to the SetByReDataSource() function is a handle to the actuall database that you previously opened and get a reference to.

Another idea is to look for some code on the web for this; even if it is for Visual Basic or some other language it should be helpfull on understanding the programming of the controls.

Just my 2 cents....

Regards,

Juan Carlos
N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,608 Views)