From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Plot Aspect Ratio

I am using the CW 3D Graph v8.0 to create a mesh map of data.  The X axis of my data is from 0 to 150, and the Y axis of my data is from 0 to 95.  The graph is shown as a square even though my data is rectangular.  Is there a way to chnage the aspect ratio of the graph to match the data?

TonyG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,929 Views)

Hey TonyG,

I took a look at the CW 3D Graph Control, and since it's displaying a 3D grid, it seems to not be set up to have that grid be of oblong portions in the way you describe. Would it be possible to scale the Y data to 0-150 to create this effect with a square plot space?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,907 Views)

Daniel,

I could add some fake data to the Y set, but that's not really what I'm trying to acheive.  I have several different screens of test data, some shown with graphs, some drawn on canvas controls, and some shown on 3D surface plots.  I set the aspect ratio of the graphs and canvas controls to match the physical dimensions of the unit under test (in this case 150mm x 94mm).  I was hoping that I could do the same with the 3D surface graphs for consistency.

TonyG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,904 Views)

TonyG,

I see. Unfortunately, our CW 3D Graph does not support that kind of behavior--I believe it's because of the isometric projection format of the graph control itself, and there is not a way to change the aspect ratio of that type of projection as far as I can see. 

I hope that helps, and let us know if you have any further questions about it!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,892 Views)