Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 cvi cannot identify #include<rs232.h>

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,i'm a newer to cvi.

my program works well in 2010,

At  first it alos works well in 2013.but now it has the folloing error.

the following statements are needed in "rs232,c", #include <rs232.h> do you want to add them to the top of the file.(rs232.c is the c file name.)

i click the yes,but it doesn't work

actually the c file already has " #inclue <rs232.h>"

is there something important i miss?

tks

Build Status (rs232.prj - Debug)
 rs232.c - 8 errors
  29, 5    error: implicit declaration of function 'OpenComConfig' is invalid in C99. Make sure that you include the function prototype.
  31, 5    error: implicit declaration of function 'SetCTSMode' is invalid in C99. Make sure that you include the function prototype.
  31, 18    error: use of undeclared identifier 'LWRS_HWHANDSHAKE_OFF'
  35, 5    error: implicit declaration of function 'FlushInQ' is invalid in C99. Make sure that you include the function prototype.
  36, 5    error: implicit declaration of function 'FlushOutQ' is invalid in C99. Make sure that you include the function prototype.
  80, 20    error: implicit declaration of function 'GetInQLen' is invalid in C99. Make sure that you include the function prototype.
  83, 18    error: implicit declaration of function 'ComRd' is invalid in C99. Make sure that you include the function prototype.
  180, 14    error: implicit declaration of function 'ComWrt' is invalid in C99. Make sure that you include the function prototype.
Build failed.

20131202_094346.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,156 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shayisi

Hello shayisi,

CVI displays the error dialog, because it has detected that some functions declared in rs232.h are used in your source file, so it suggests you to include the header file.

I would like to ask you to provide a few more details about your setup, so that we can determine if there is a possible bug with CVI 2013:

1. Are you able to build the sample projects from the <samples>\rs232 folder?
  2. Do you have an existing rs232.c file that is part of your project?
  3. I understand that your project used to build without errors in CVI 2010. Is that correct?
  4. Which options have you selected in the C Language Options, from Options » Build Options?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,142 Views)

thanks for your reply,

don't use " rs232.uir "(uir's name),it works   

rs232.h is  created automaticlly when debuging.

===================================================================================================================

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,122 Views)