LabWindows/CVI User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your Analysis wish list?

What analysis functions would you like to see added to the LabWindows/CVI Analysis API?

Adri Kruger
National Instruments
LabVIEW Product Marketing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,758 Views)

Better 1d and 2d fourrier analyis. 1d an 2d interpolation of raw data. Smoothing functions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,052 Views)

I like to have a better documentation about the exact algorithm which is used for the calculation of several functions.

Some years ago, I had some problems with a (german) customer. He did not trust my calculation, which I made with cvi and analysis library and her shows me,  that I calculate different values than other programs do. In this case, I had to do some PhaseSpectrum calculation.

I used the procedure “AmpPhaseSpectrum” and we found, that this procedure always uses the RMS values, not the peak values. But the customer wants to have peak spectrum, so I calculate it from the FFT (using ReFFT) by myself.

The customer also told me, that using RMS values is the “normal” behaviour of software from USA. But in Europe, this is not the normal way to do. To know about this should have saved me a lot of time and discussion with my customer.

measX GmbH
www.measx.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,052 Views)

That is great feedback, Thank You!

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,052 Views)

I recommend adding your suggestion to the LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange for consideration by all CVI users. We make sure to incorporate the most popular ideas into future versions of the product, so the Idea Exchange is the best way for your suggestion to gain traction!

Thank you and have a wonderfull weekend!

Anna Kozminski

Product Manager for LabWindows/CVI

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,052 Views)