LabWindows/CVI User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in running with debug mode

I have a system driven by a CVI code,which works perfectly through an exe,but not through the code.That is, If I try to run the CVI code through debug mode,my hardware doesn't get initialized or ini files doesn't get read.But if I run it through exe;everything works OK.What might be the reason??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,626 Views)

Hi heramb,

Is LabWindows/CVI returning a specific error code or description when you attempt to build and run the project through debug mode? Also, just so I can familiarize myself with your application, which functions are you calling at the beginning of main to initialize your hardware? Are you using National Instruments hardware, or third party hardware?

Finally, I would recommend also creating a thread on the official LabWindows/CVI discussion forums, in order for your question to receive more exposure. I have attached a link to the discussion forums below.

LabWindows/CVI Discussion Forums: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI/bd-p/180

Cheers,

Tom D.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,306 Views)

Hi heramb,

I would also like to add, as a quick follow-up--

If you are interested in working more closely with an Applications Engineer to troubleshoot this issue, feel free to visit www.ni.com/support to open up a service request by contacting an engineer over the phone, or through email using the Service Request Manager.

Cheers,

Tom D.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,306 Views)