LabWindows/CVI User Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Dymo SDK COM with CVI

I am using LabWindows/CVI 2010 and have a Dymo LabelWriter 450 printer to control. This is supplied with a set of COM SDK functions but I don't know how to use these in CVI. Whether or not this is the correct approach I have used the "Create ActiveX Controller" option and generated a set of CVI wrapped functions and a function panel. There are a few functions whose purpose is to obtain a handle and the remainder require the handle to action the printer functionality. The problem is that having obtained a handle the function using it just returns an error code.

Am I using the correct approach with the ActiveX Controller generation? Someone told me that they had similar problems with a completely different COM library and they had to create an actual ActiveX control in a .uir file which somehow accessed the COM functions. I have tried to create a control but there is no reference to the Dymo in the control options. How can the ActiveX Controller generation see the Dymo functions but the .uir control not see them?

I've not used ActiveX in CVI before so I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment as to how the Dymo COM functions can be used. Any suggestions/examples greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,735 Views)

I would also interested in this same question

EDIT:  Omega, care to share your existing code, maybe we can together figure this out.  I have not been able to make much progress, I believe you have gotten farther than I have.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,139 Views)