LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Prinzen

configure batchbuilt; only compile certain projects...

Hi,

I would like to see an configuration of batchbuilt process. I have a big workspace with many projects; and would like to create different setups, like "compile only all server projects" or "compile all client projects". The workspace contains a big server-client -based software packages; some dll-projects used for server side only, some only client side.

Peter

3 Comments
menchar
Active Participant

It would also be great to have the IDE automatically switch debug/release libraries for any DLL in the batch.  If you try to mix release / debug for the batch build and you have a DLL that you're using with an executable, when it switches the build config for the executable between release / debug it won't switch the import library from release to debug.

pblase
Active Participant

I concure with menchar. I have a large program with about a dozen module projects in the workspace.Each module compiles to its own .dll, (except for the last one that compiles to the main executable) and modules are hierarchically designed, so that the first ones contain utilities and functions (such as common data blocks, specific file IO routines, and GUI panels) that are used by subsequent modules. Of course if I change a lower-level dll, I usually have to rebuild every other project in the workspace. Right now, all of the dll's are built with the debugging options on (xxx_dbg.dll); I dread the day that I'm finished and have to switch every project in the workspace to both produce and use the release versions of the dlls. I'm thinking that it will just be easier to create a new workspace.

LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration