LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
test_man

SaveControlState and RecallControlState

That's a good point. I was probably too rash in declining this suggestion.

I use SavePanelState and RecallPanelState all the time but it give me error when I add/change existing control. I would like to request save and recall only one control that way I don't have to worry about other controls which I am not interested in.

Thanks.
CVI 2010
LabVIEW 2011 SP1
Vision Builder AI 2011 SP1
5 Comments
vix
Active Participant
Active Participant

I think that with these new functions should be possible to save and recall state of a list of control (like the Set/GetAttributeForCtrls( ) functions)

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
wally_666

I second this, as save/restore on the panel  saves things I'd rather be set to a default value on every program start.  Being able to save/restore only what controls I want would be very nice. 

Maybe an attribute on the controls themselves to save/default on panel save would be the perfect mix of not adding ugly code overhead to the save/restore operations and would eliminate the ugly code I have setting all the default values I want after a RestorePanelState.

LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined
For the most part, the only thing you can save of controls, at runtime, is their value. You cannot save their attributes at run-time. Therefore, providing a SaveControlState function would be only marginally more useful than getting the value of the one control using GetCtrlVal, saving the value, and then restoring the value later using SetCtrlVal.
test_man
Active Participant

This mainly refers to table controls of different values. For example, I have big table 100 rows by 50 columns all filled with values and I need to save and restore specific set of values. So instead of saving 5000 values and I can just call SaveControlState and RecallControlState. 

Thanks.
CVI 2010
LabVIEW 2011 SP1
Vision Builder AI 2011 SP1
LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration
That's a good point. I was probably too rash in declining this suggestion.