From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertoBozzolo

Prevent the uir to be marked for saving on simple tab page switch

Declining, based on Jared's earlier comment

When using tab controls on a panel, every time you change the active tab in the UIR editor the file is marked as modified even if no real modification has been made on panels/controls. This is particularly annoying when you are simply looking at a UIR file but you don't want its date/time to be modified (e.g. in case the project has already been deployed to the customer and you want to keep the local copy of the UIR with the original date/time).

If your file is marked as read-only (same scenario as before: the application has already been deployed and you want to prevent modifications to it) you cannot even change the active tab page, neither in edit mode nor in operate mode (F4 - operate visible panel)!

It would be better in my opinion that a simple tab page switch does not forces the UIR to be saved.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

When you change the active tab, it is changing the default active tab. That is why the UIR is marked for saving.

When the UIR file is read only, you can tell CVI that it isn't read only by unchecking Read Only item in the File menu. Then you'll be able to make any changes you want, but still won't be able to save the file.

LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined
Declining, based on Jared's earlier comment