From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfgang

Please maintain the tab order of CVI workspace files

As discussed here and here, CVI does not re-open workspace files in the order they were when CVI was closed; I am referring to confined workspace, not freely floating windows.

As a result, starting CVI one first has to locate all the files, where did the include file go...? If you happen to have some more tabs this is a waste of time.

Also, as Roberto mentioned, you can not easily use the short cut keys Ctrl-1 etc. because of the changing assignment.

So, in short, I am asking to improve this behavior and maintain the tab order of CVI workspace files, that is, re-arrange/re-open the tabs in the order they were when CVI was closed.

Thanks!

4 Comments
Bertrand_ENAC

Thank you Wolfgang.

I was just about to add this suggestion myself.

I would also like to have the possibility to have several rows of tabs, not only one.

Wolfgang
Trusted Enthusiast

The situation is even more complex...

For example, if one has an UIR file loaded (and its include file as well), after editing (and saving) the UI file its include file will become the right most tab Smiley Surprised, so tab order is even changing during a CVI session.

So one more reason to work on this issue...Smiley Wink

Wolfgang
Trusted Enthusiast

This seems to have been fixed in CVI2013 SP2 Smiley Happy

...but be aware that the first time you edit and save your UI file its include file may jump and become the right most tab...

Wolfgang
Trusted Enthusiast

...maybe one day the status of this suggestion will be updated from New  to Completed Smiley Wink