LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rantuhl

Please allow setting default display options on Array Display and String display

There is an option to display the default display format for integers and floating point, but no such option to set the default format for
"String Display" or "Array display". Strangely, "Array display" shows my arrays as decimal numbers even though I have the default display format for integers set to Hex.

Ideally, I would like to be able to set them separately for char and unsigned char strings. For example:
                char strings I prefer to display as Ascii, null-terminated strings (the current default).
Unsigned char strings I prefer to display in Hexadecimal, with Options==Display Entire buffer. This is because my unsigned char strings are actually arrays of bytes.

I've been using CVI for a long time and it's frustrating to setup these options each and every time I look at one of my unsigned char strings. Even if it can't be setup separately for signed/unsigned  chars, I would like the option to set some sort of default.

Another aside, would it be possible to display the array/string as hex characters with the Ascii equivalent just below it? A dual display would be even nicer!

1 Comment
Wolfgang
Trusted Enthusiast

see here:

I'd like to suggest to also remember/save the number format. Right now in every new run the number format is reset to its default value (e.g. floating point for numeric). I'd prefer that if I select 'scientific' the array display will remember this setting.