LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
ngay528

Improved Column Sizing and Scroll Bar Behavior of Tables

I have created tables with multiple columns a few times, and seem to always have issues with my column widths and horizontal scroll bars.

1) Scroll Bars will show up focused on whichever column/row was added last.  So you if your columns go past your table width and the last column was last edited, it is aligned to the right.  I believe this should always be left or top aligned.  Just irritating that I have to ensure I change my row and column back to 1 so it is aligned properly.

2) There is not an easy way have auto-sized columns stay within the table size when fixed ones present. For example: I have 4 columns, I want the first three to be fixed width and the last to autosize based on the table size.  Currently this doesn't seem to work out in my situation with or without scrollbars.

3) Be able to select the column title bar to select to edit that column.  If there are no rows added, the user must manually retype which column they want to edit then click elsewhere to make it active. (Also true with no columns for rows)

4) Allow user to click and highlight and copy text, but restrict editing cells.  (But be able to change them programatically)  There are a few workaround with this such as double click event, but would be nice if there was a preset in the Hot,Normal selection list.

Feel free to chime in as I'm sure there may be a few I have not found yet. (Or perhaps I'm incorrect above and couldn't find it in the documentation.)