LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Shawn_S.

Excel code evaluation within CVI input

Cool as this would be, it really is outside the scope of what CVI is meant to do. CVI is not Excel, and the ability to add a formula parser to CVI is not something that is likely to happen anytime soon.

I had a customer associated with SR# 7325346 ask how to change the maximum value for his Y axis in CVI.  I rightfully directed him to the SetAxisScalingMode function.  The customer told me that they were using an equation to determine the Max parameter for their Y axis [YMax=2*x + sqrt(x) + log(x)] or something to that effect.  He also said that the equation could change to something else, and he would like to change the equation on the fly within CVI. 

Basically, he's asking for functionality that would enable a text box to act similar to an Excel cell, which could evaluate simple equations such as add(val1,val2) or sqrt(val3).  We should build a tool that makes this possible.

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
1 Comment
LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined
Cool as this would be, it really is outside the scope of what CVI is meant to do. CVI is not Excel, and the ability to add a formula parser to CVI is not something that is likely to happen anytime soon.