LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johannes_T

Display More Information About Struct Members

Summary:

Display more struct member information during source editing and during debug.

Description:

While editing source code, CVI only displays the struct members, but no information regarding the type of the member (or declaration information, line file and line).

Add a tooltip to the right of the pop-up displaying the struct members in the source editor to display this information. Similar to this picture:

struct.jpg

Also add support for displaying nested structs and even display the member values while debugging, in form of a tree, when execution is suspended (CVI currently only displays the memory address of that struct variable).

3 Comments
LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

pblase
Active Participant

Even better, if CVI could take a hint from eclipse/MSStudio and have a smart language-knowledgable helper going on in the background to do this stuff so that we don't have to compile the code before being able to use this feature. I can't tell you how many times I've needed this ability, but haven't gotten to the point where I can compile yet. Rather frustrating.

Johannes_T
Active Participant

Hello pblase,

The idea you are describing has already been discussed in another Idea Exchange post: here. Moreover, the status of that post has been set to 'In Beta' in the meantime.