LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
test_man

Control Labwindows/CVI panel from web browser.

We are removing the "Under Review" status from the Idea Exchange. Therefore, we are moving this idea to the "Under Consideration" status.

I know we used to have this web server feature 6-7 years ago.

I would request a function where we can export designated panel which user can control from web. Also provides an option to have read only or read/write access. Also password options.

Something like this.

ExportPanelToWebServer (panelHandle, READ_ONLY_FLAG, PASSWORD_FLAG, PASSWORD);

//This starts web server automatically and ready for connection on port 80.

This opens door to lots of applications which requires web control. I think LabVIEW has similar feature. (Web publishing tool)

Thanks.
CVI 2010
LabVIEW 2011 SP1
Vision Builder AI 2011 SP1
8 Comments
test_man
Active Participant

Status is still new after almost 1.5 years 🙂

Thanks.
CVI 2010
LabVIEW 2011 SP1
LuisG
NI Employee (retired)

Unfortunately, there's no status between "New" and "Under Consideration". A status of "New" can mean that it hasn't even been read yet but, in this case, it simply means that it's not yet under consideration.

TECHNOFASE

Hello

As many other developers that use CVI, we need the functionality as web server.

Actual even more application work and go on web:  please consider on the future (not to late..) the possibility to work as webserver.

cheec

I had waited more than 10 years for this feature to be available in Window CVI. I hope it will happen soon.

Chee Chong

Design Engineer

QuerulousJohn

I made a Remote terminal this past year to communicate with a LW/CVI application that ran on a Single Board Computer, a WinSystems LX800, for a battery-powered data acquisition and control system. My LW/CVI PC program to make a remote terminal was a lot of work and code, and also ran slowly and unreliably, so iffy that we had to abandon it. We needed the remote terminal to be able to send commands and parameters to the base SBC and retrieve data, including data for a stripchart graph. Lacking a remote terminal capability for LW/CVI, I had to make a LW/CVI program for the remote PC, duplicating the SBC's GUI along with the code to communicate with the 'base' SBC to send commands and data to/from the base SBC. We desperately needed the remote terminal and ended up attempting and failing to parallel a LCD monitor. It was very disappointing that I wasn't able to produce a reliable and speedy remote terminal for the battery operated SBC, something that should be provided by NI for LW/CVI.

John Baker, ex of LLNL

JonathanN
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
LiliMcDonald
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

We are removing the "Under Review" status from the Idea Exchange. Therefore, we are moving this idea to the "Under Consideration" status.

~~~~~~~~~
test_man
Active Participant

7+-year-old thread and still under consideration...

I am going to be retired by the time NI implements this. 🙂

Good luck to future users!

Thanks.
CVI 2010
LabVIEW 2011 SP1