From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al.B

Control ID parameter in UI functions (SetCtrlVal, etc) should have access to the select constant dialog in the function panel

When using the UI functions, a neat feature is the ability to pull up a dialog of valid control IDs when specifying the control:

1.png

clicking the elipses displays this dialog showing all valid control IDs:

2.png

If you are using the function panel however, you cannot access this dialog and you are on your own for figuring out the correct control ID:

3.png

I think we should add this functionality in the function panel for any function that has a control ID parameter.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
4 Comments
Wolfgang
Trusted Enthusiast

...and similarly one could possibly also consider providing an ellispis for the panel handle - including tab panels

Al.B
NI Employee (retired)

Hi Wolfgang,

I agree, that would definately make things easier!

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
RobertoBozzolo
Proven Zealot

The Select UIR constant panel is shown simply pressing Enter while on 'Control ID' field Smiley Wink

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Wolfgang,

The panel handle can't use the same mechanism since you would most likely want to use a variable for that parameter, not a UIR constant name (unless you're referring to the last parameter of LoadPanel, for example, in which case you can also press <Enter> as Roberto indicated.

You can, however, press <Ctrl-A> on any input control of a function panel and select one of your project variables to copy into the control. This can be used for panel handles.

Luis