From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Jäger

CVI Lizenz

Wenn ein Rechner nicht am Nezt ist, vielleicht das Kabel nicht richtig drin oder am Platz kein Netz mehr frei ist, dann wird CVI mit einer eingeeschränkten Testlizenz gestartet und würde dann eine EXE generieren, welche in der Laufzeit eingeschränkt ist. Oft ist es der Fall, dass jemand CVI ohne Netzt started um im Quelltext etwas zu kontrollieren. Zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt erstellt jemand eine EXE neu und bemerkt nicht, dass das gestartete CVI keine Lizenz hat, obwohl der Rechner Netz hat. Er müsste erst CVI neustarten um die Lizenz zu holen.
Den Fehler bemerkt er erst am Folgetag, wo das Programm mit einem Fehler abgebrochen wird.
Es wäre aus meiner Sicht sehr sinnvoll, dass eine EXE, welche durch CVI ohne Lizenz erstellt wird, auch einen Popup mit eingebaut bekommt, welcher hiervor warnt.
Auch eine Abfrage, welche der Progrmmierer in sein Programm einbauen kann wäre sehr Hilfreich.

4 Comments
RobertoBozzolo
Proven Zealot

Hello CVI Lizenz,

I would consider your suggestion... if I only understand it! Smiley Wink

Could you please translate it into English for thos of us that don't know German? Thanks.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Yes I can! / Yes I try.

For example I have no network connection CVI2010 will start without license.

When CVI ist stared without license you can only create time limited exe-Files which termiate automatically after several hours.

I think that it would be better when I have the chance to show the user by creating a new EXE-File that he has no licens like "Attention you are creating a EXE without license and the runtime is limited".

Or it will be good too, when the created program would make a messagepopup like "Attention. This program was created with a demo-license an it is run-time-limited".

Cause someone started the CVI without license to read only something in the code. Than he wants to copy something to the network and so he connects the PC with it. After this anotherone want to create an new EXE. This person then use the already started CVI and he doesn't restart the CVI to get a new license. He think he has a license cause of the connected network. Now he will create a EXE and start ist. On the next day he will see an error "..run time ...".

Thank you for your help!

RobertoBozzolo
Proven Zealot

I seem to remember that running time for executables created with an evaluation version of CVI is limited to 10 minutes, maybe a little more but surely not several hours.

I never faced a situation similar to the one you describe, that is likely to happen when more programmers share a single machine. Nevertheless, some more evidence of being running an evaluation version could be a good thing. I suppose a warning when creating the executable could be enough.

Alternatively, you can see if an evaluation install of CVI creates a macro that you can use to prompt a message at program start. Something like this:

#ifdef _CVI_EVAL_

MessagePopup ("Warning", "Program created for evaluation purposes only! Execution time limited to 10 minutes!");

#endif

I haven't a fresh install of CVI in eval mode so I cannot test whether this macro exists or not but you can possibly check it.

Adding it if it doesn't exists can be a good addition NI could consider for a future update of CVI.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Thank you for your answer!

But I can't find any differences by th makro-defines between the evaluation mode and the normal mode.

There are any changes:

And so I can't find the define "_CVI_EVAL".CVIdefines.JPG

If someone knows anotherway please tell me!

Thank you for your help!