From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVI_User

Browse <file>.c window: Allow to copy content from browse window result

Browse any <file>.c, by right-click on a file in project view file list.

In Window "Source Code Browser/View" Browse Identifier:
Allow to copy entries in column 'Functions' and other columns, if useful.

Reason:
This would help to create a content list in <file>.c or any other documentation.

Copy full columns or line by line might be useful.

6 Comments
LuisG
NI Employee (retired)

See the image below. Is this what you're asking for?

Also, you can already copy individual entries (via <Ctrl-C>) from the source code browser window, although I don' think you can copy multiple entries.

browse.png

CVI_User

Yes this is what I mean. The ctrl-c possibility for ONE function I did not notice yet, so this is OK. But what I really meant is to copy ALL function names, which are listed, by only one mouse-click. Suggestion: By right-clicking into the list of functions, one can find two options: 1) "Copy" (only one), 2) "Copy all".

LuisG
NI Employee (retired)

Ah, okay. I had misunderstood your request, thinking that you were asking for the ability to browse a .c file by right-clicking on the file name in the project tree. Now I understand.

LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

CVI_User

Of course first I browse any c-file in project view (as in your screenshot above), then a new window opens (source code browser), which shows on the right side all functions in the browsed file. And I want to copy all functions listed with only one command, in order to use it immediately for creating a list of content on top of the file as documentation purpose for example. I write this only for clarification again, because I could not understand the misunderstanding you describe in your last comment.

LuisG
NI Employee (retired)

I thought you were asking for two things: the ability to browse a .c file, and the ability to copy the items from the browse window. When I read your first sentence ("Browse any <file>.c, by right-click on a file in project view file list") I thought that this was what you were asking for. I hadn't noticed the ':' in your suggestion title.