LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Wolfgang

Better treatment of linear -> logarithmic scaling of graph axes

This is being handled as an incorrect behavior (bug ID: 352509)

Hello,

as discussed in this thread changing the map mode of a graph axis from linear to logarithmic scaling may perform sub-optimal if the graph shows plots containing zero or negative data values. Fortunately, there is a workaround.

The suggestion presented here is to make this workaround unnecessary... Ideally, the graph should take care by itself if plots need to be updated, i.e. changing the attributes ATTR_XMAP_MODE and ATTR_YMAP_MODE from VAL_LINEAR to VAL_LOG should result in updated plots.

4 Comments
LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Duplicate
This is being handled as an incorrect behavior (bug ID: 352509)
Wolfgang
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Luis,

this is fine with me - reading the original post ("When switching to log scale, you should delete your current plots and replot them. This will allow the graph to properly handle the negative values for log plotting.") it wasn't clear to me that NI is going to improve on it.

Thanks!

Wolfgang
Trusted Enthusiast

Luis,

I would feel better to have this ID also listed in the known issue list, preventing it from being accidentally overlooked  😉

Thanks!

LuisG
NI Employee (retired)

Nothing with a bug ID would get accidentally overlooked 🙂

Having said that, there wasn't any compelling reason for it to not be included in the Known Issues lists. I changed it so that it will appear in the next update of the lists.

Luis