LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laser

Avoiding recursive warnings while debugging

Hi,

in many of my applications, I have to verifiy some conditions recursively and they can generate an error, for example when checking the presence of a file (see below).

RecursiveWarning.JPG

Imagine to have a task doing this control and imagine the task is scheduled every 5 seconds or less.

This means you'll get the popup window continuosly and it makes almost impossible to debug your code.

I know I can reduce the Debugging level from Extended or Standard to No RunTime Checking in order to block that popup window, but sometime I need a deeper level of debug to fix my problems.

What do you think about adding a third button to ignore, for the current debugging session only, the run time errors generated from the same instruction in the same thread?

More, what do you think about adding a fourth button to ignore, for the current debugging session only, the run time errors of the same type?

Regards

Sergio

2 Comments
CVI-User
For your case, you can use bole=SetBreakOnLibraryError(0), then SetBreakOnLibraryError(bole) to guard the FileExist() or other CVI functions you know they might fail. But sometimes a "Ignore this non-fatal error caused here"-Button might come handy.
-----------------------
/* Nothing past this point should fail if the code is working as intended */
Wolfgang
Trusted Enthusiast

We seem to have similar requests, see here. I don't mind if it's a right-click menu or an additional button allowing to temporarily exclude certain errors - so let's advertise it Smiley Wink