From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kabarr

Add callback events for MultiTouch Capabilities in Windows 7 to LabWindows/CVI

Please conisider supporting multi-touch screen gestures in a similar manner to the mouse events.  Windows 7 Mulittouch capabilities are a good place to start. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee336016.aspx

The GUI of the future will most certainly be touch screens, and users expect to be able to use gestures such as pinch, fling, spread, rotate, etc.

2 Comments
SpaceDoood

I agree.  This will be the way of the future.  Electronic soft instrumentation has progressed from CRTs and keyboards/keypads steel encased to survive a factory floor environment and grubby fingers to COTS ruggedized glass cockpit like interfaces.

LucianoAssirelli

I definitely endorse the suggestion. As resistive touch screen become obsolete and capacitive multi-touch screen are entering the automation market, we can't ignore the trend an need to provide to automation users the same interaction experience they are used to, when using everyday objects like smartphones and tablet.

Beyond the fact that multi-touch may be considered hype by tech people like me, missing this evolution would put our products in a "old-style" light.