From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zedboard Xilinx Zync 7000 interface using labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am doing my thesis in Zedboard for developing an DDR3 memory test and verification. For that I need to implement an LabVIEW dedicated Graphical User Interface base on NI Measurement Studio.

Topic is : Szudy of Algorithmic test setup for DDR3 SDRAM with a Xilinx Zynq SoC.

Here i have done my algorithm in Xilinx SDK. But I need to make a GUI using labview. Which helps to execute these programs. Please let me know how I can do this.

1. Or is it possible to directly access the Zynq SoC using Labview. If yes how?

2. Or if I need to do the coding in Xilinx SDK and How I can run this code using Labview?

Please give me an detailed reply. Since I am new to labview. I m not understanding how to start with. If you have any example design please share with me.

Thanks & Regards,

Nithin Ponnarasseri

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,939 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nith86

No you can't develop directly in LabVIEW and deploy that program to the Zync board. NI has their own Zync based hardware platform (cRIO and myRIO) but the tools to target those boards are specific to the NI hardware implementation and won't work with other hardware. Developing an interface for another hardware platform is a lot of work and needs to be adapted for every single flavor of a new hardware platform. And NI does not support this for other hardware.

So your option will be to develop an application with the Zync SDK for the Zync ARM controller and supply some form of communication interface (serial port, TCP/IP, or similar) in that application over which you can send commands from LabVIEW to your embedded application.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,937 Views)

Thnaks for your reply.

Do you have any example document or design which u can share with me in personal? because I am new to labview and I am not sure how i can develop an application with the Zync SDK for the Zync ARM controller and supply some form of communication interface (serial port, TCP/IP, or similar) in that application over which you can send commands from LabVIEW to your embedded application. It would be great if you can share any documents which details the similar operation.

My personal email ID is   ponnarasseri.nithin@stud.fh-rosenheim.de.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Nithin Ponnarasseri

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,922 Views)

I'm sorry, I don't really have a ready made application. We usually us NI hardware and there we simply develop the embedded application in LabVIEW too. In your case you would have to write an application for the embedded device (most likely using C(++) or whatever else your SDK toolchain supports). In there you would most likely implement a TCP/IP server component that listens on a TCP/IP port for connection requests and when receiving one, services whatever request the other application requests. You would have to define your own protocol, that both your embedded application and your LabVIEW GUI application would have to implement. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,873 Views)