From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you have a higher version of NI Uninstaller

I've got a problem running an installer built in LV 2010 on a PC running Windows 7. Running the setup gives the error message "You have a higher version of NI Uninstaller on your system. You must uninstall before installing this version." When I continue the installation the same error is repeated for "NI EULA Depot" and "NI MDF Support". Uninstalling *all* NI software through the Control Panel doesn't help -- re-run the setup, get the same errors.

Most grateful for your advice.

Geoff Hammond

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,263 Views)

Hello GeoffHammond,

This is Andrew Brown, an Applications Engineer from National Instruments. In order to better research why this error might be appearing, I would be very interested in the following information:

1. What NI Software did you have installed on the Windows 7 PC before the issue appeared?

2. Within the "Additional Installers" section of your installer, what software is included?

3. Have you been able to run the installer successfully on other PCs?

4. If possible, can you please post screenshots of the three errors you are receiving?

Regards,

Andrew Brown

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,221 Views)

Go to Control Panel -> Uninstall Programs and Features -> Choose National Instrucments Software. Remove everything and do the clear install.9-19-2011 8-30-27 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,219 Views)

Hello Andrew

Thanks for your reply. In response to your questions:

1. The installer fails on all PCs, even those which have never had NI software installed.

2. I have only the "NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2010 SP1" checked.

3. I can't run the installer successfully on any PC (XP or Windows 7) irrespective of whether they have (or have had) NI software installed.

5. I'll post he error screen shots separately (they take this post > 10,000 characters).

best,

Geoff

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,197 Views)

Hello Andrew

Error screen shot below; the 2nd and 3rd errors are identical except they specify NI MDF and NI EULA Depot:

Geoff

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,196 Views)

Hello GeoffHammond,

I appreciate the additional information and details you have posted. Would you be able to post the LabVIEW project containing the installer?

Also, if you create a new installer with the same specifications, does you experience the same errors when using it?

Regards,

Andrew Brown

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,172 Views)

Hello Andrew

Thanks again for your interest.

The problem *was* with the installer--being fresh from LV 7 (which created the exe from the VI and then the installer in a one-step process) I had specified the source file as the top-level VI rather than first building the application and specifying it as the source file.

Slinks away ...

Geoff

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,160 Views)

I'd like to know the solution for this issue since I am encountering the same issue when I run my fresh installation on a laptop which didn't never have LabVIEW installed on it.

Additional Installers included in the spec are:

NI CompactRIO Runtime 14.5

NI LabVIEW Runtime 2014 SP1 and the following are included for replication and deployment

Math Kernel  Libraries

NI Deployment Framework 2014

NI LabVIEW Real-Time NBFifo 2014

NI LabVIEW Runtime 2014 SP1 Non-English Support

NI LabVIEW Web Service 2014

NI Service Locator 14.0

NI VC2008MSMs

NI mDNS Responder 14.0

NI System Configuration Runtime14.5.0

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,727 Views)

@Ya-hoo wrote:

I'd like to know the solution for this issue since I am encountering the same issue when I run my fresh installation on a laptop which didn't never have LabVIEW installed on it.

This seems to be a completely different problem and has nothing to do with NI uninstaller. You probably should have started a new thread instead of adding to a four year old discussion.

Did the computer have any other software installed, such as e.g. DIAdem?

Does the program work with the already installed newer version of NI MDF?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,715 Views)