From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xy graph value property node labels problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have an XY Graph, and during coding I fed into different clusters (cluster of two elements, each of them is an 1D array).

Somehow the Graph "remembers" some old data labels (data type, see context help windows), and I just cannot change it to the new ones.

Let me explain better with this picture:

problem1.jpg

The goal is to get the proper data type when I read data out from the XY Graph via property node. I want to see "Smooth curve" when I unbundle by name not some old name "DAC(V)".

Please do not tell me to delete this graph and create a new one. This of course solves my problem, but I would like to know, how I can "force"  an XYGraph to change its data type names...

I also attached a test VI to show this behaviour...

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,796 Views)

hi, 

i couldn't see your vi... but you just make bundle using the two 1 D array before making clusters...  and feed to XY graph..... sometimes it will help you... I am not sure

manu

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,783 Views)

well, this is what I do in the attached example VI. It does NOT help,

regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,781 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk

Yes, it seems to retain some stale information. I was able to fix it by temporarily wiring a complex 1D array to the XY graph terminal, then wiring your cluster back.

Message 4 of 5
(2,761 Views)

Thanks!

The trick works! 🙂

I guess we could consider this behaviour "buggish"?

At least it is annoying sometimes...

Maybe they fix it in next release...

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,756 Views)