LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xy graph in GUI. Show string data related to a X,Y point

It is possible to show string data, while hovering the mouse or clicking a cursor, attached/related to a X,Y point in a XY graph??

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,052 Views)

Why you need to show string data on graph? It can be shown by relating string to a number, like a to 1, b to 2 and so on. Else, please clarify your exact need.

Best Regards,
DCKAN

"We make a Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,050 Views)

I assume you want to let the x-y-value pair hover over the graph at mouse position.Perhaps this will help you:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Text-overlay-annotation-onto-an-intensity-graph/m-p/883438/highlight...

Another option might be just to use the cursor functionalities of XY graphs, although they don't hover at mouse position.

Other than that I had a similar request on Image Displays with IMAQ (Vision Development Module) where it turned out that using a simple string control from the classic palette that you move around according to mouse position is an efficient way to let information hover wherever you want. Check it out:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Why-do-overlays-take-so-much-longer-on-single-precision/m-p/2376338#...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,025 Views)

Hi vick,

you may use annotations in graphs.

LabVIEW comes with an example VI explaining how to use them!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 10
(4,024 Views)

Neat, those annotations. Never knew about them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,011 Views)

Thank for your quick answers!!

To clatify the problme. I have a table of X and Y points. Each X,Y point corresponds to a series of string data e.g. "Europe, America, Asia". 

I would like to add this data either in the cursors panel/window of the graph or if possible to show the string data while the mouse hovers over the respective X,Y point.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,004 Views)

Futhermore, I would like this data to be shown automatically, without the need to manually create annotations. It is possible?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,999 Views)

Hi vick,

- cursors can have labels. There's a LabVIEW example VI explaining this…

- you can set annotations. There's an example…

- you can use additional images in your graph. See it's list of properties…

You can create annotations programmatically. No need to do all this "manually"…

And you can edit your own post. No need to post two messages within minutes…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,993 Views)

Thanks GerdW

About the labels of the cursors, could you indicate the reference (file or internet link), please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,981 Views)

Hi vick,

in LV2009 you con open the example finder and search for "cursor" to find the examples "programmatically annotate a graph" and "programmatically control cursors"…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,954 Views)