From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xy graph Zoom

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I have a x-y graph. Can i Check how do i zoom into the graph as (my data changes within millimeter ranges) therefore i will hope to zoom in order to view the result significantly. 

Cheers,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,583 Views)

Hello Scott,

If you right-click on the XY Graph in edit mode and check the Visible Items>>Graph Palette selection, you should see a toolbar appear.  One of the options available there is zoom.  Refer to the LabVIEW help for more information:

LabVIEW Help: Zooming and Moving the View of a Graph or Chart 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvhowto/zooming_on_a_graph_or_char/

edit- updated link to LV 2013 documentation as it's clearer, more concise, and covers more use cases.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,572 Views)

Hi Scott,

I wonder if this is what you're looking for.

Just right click the XY Graph, select Visible Items > Graph Palette

Picture1.png

You'll see the graph palette at the bottom of the XY Graph, as shown below

Capture.PNG

Click the middle button, and you can choose how you want to zoom the XY graph

Picture2.png

Hope that helps.

-Ee Lim-

See that button on the left side of this post...

If you feel my post is helpful, all you need is just (at most) 2 seconds to click that button, to show your appreciation. Thank you~~

Message 3 of 11
(6,569 Views)

Thanks Ongeelim,

Exactly what i wanted. Btw, i realize that my Y axis scale is 5 boxes as compared to X axis of 10 boxes. How do i make them equal? Cause it is making my circular motion into a Elliptical shape instead due to its longer time spent on the x axis. 

Cheers,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,525 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sena_Scott

Hi Sena,

change the scaling of the axes to be the same, so your circle will be displayed as circle (when the plot area is square too)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,515 Views)

Hi guys, 

Thanks for the help. One additional question,if i execute a circular motion, is it possible to ensure all the points i have calculated to be on the x-y graph instead of only one point moving in a circular motion so it will be easier for the user to physically sees a circle on the graph instead of just one point moving in a circular motion.  

Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,466 Views)

Hi Scott,

Yes, and I believe this example provides a general idea to your question.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4152

-Ee Lim-

If you feel my post is helpful, all you need is just (at most) 2 seconds to click that button, to show your appreciation. Thank you~~

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,443 Views)

Oh yes guys, is it possible to have 2 inputs plotted on the x-y graph instead of only one as the current Vi only accept one input for x and y respectively. 

Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,442 Views)

Hi Scott,

Are you referring to placing 2 values of X and Y on single plot, or placing 2 values of X and Y on 2 separate plots into one XY graph?

-Ee Lim-

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,436 Views)

Hi Ongeelim,

Placing 2 values of X and Y on 2 seperate plots in one XY graph

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,421 Views)