LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xy chart time

You need to display the x axis in a time format. Do you have a problem formatting the axis or do you have problems creating the correct data structure for the graph?
Also, if your timing is constant, all you need is a plain chart. Write x0 when the program starts (i.e. outside the loop, via a property node).
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(500 Views)

I have a problem creating the data structure. The time I think will be constant, but that could change in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(496 Views)

@nunyabiz wrote:

I have a problem creating the data structure. The time I think will be constant, but that could change in the future.

That's a very important distinction. if the dt varies over time, you need an xy graph and much more complicated data structures. If dt is constant for a given run, all you need is a chart.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(483 Views)

Here's using an xy graph, allowing for variable time increments.

This is just a quick draft. Note that the data structures grow without limit, so you need to implement measures to prevent eventually running out of memory or slowing down due to memory allocation overheads.

(note that also the "build xy graph" express VI could be used, but I don't like express VIs)

Message 14 of 15
(477 Views)

Thats what I was looking for, Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(465 Views)